Lemon Pound Cake
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups Monk Fruit sweetener
7 Large eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 tsp. Pure Vanilla – no sugar
1 tsp. Lemon Zest
1 bottle of lime flavoring oils
1/2 tsp. salt
8oz. cream cheese
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 cup Monk Fruit Sweetener (powdered)
3 Tbsp. organic heavy whiipping cream
1/2 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. lemon zest
1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- Preheat over to 350 or 325 if using a conventional oven. In mixing bowl blend butter and sweetener until creamy. Just like making chocolate chip cookies.
- Cream together and then add the cream cheese until smooth and blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, lemon, vanilla and blend until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, mix almond flour, baking powder and salt. I like to strain thru a sieve before going in the liquid to avoid chunks.
- Slowly poor this in until incorporated or smooth, stop when this is fully mixed, don’t over beat.
- Pour batter into greased and lined cake pan, I use parchment at the bottom to avoid sticking. Bake up to 60 minutes depending on your temperature. Its just like making a cake so check it with a toothpick until it becomes clean.
- If making lemon glaze, blend together in a bowl sweetener, vanilla, lemon juice, lemon zest and heavy whipping cream until smooth. Set aside and let the cake cool before pouring the glaze.
Recipe by Chef Fenya Konovaloff of Russian Doll Catering – April 1, 2020