LIKE WOW- KETO FRIED CHICKEN
Makes 6 chicken breast
- 6 chicken breast
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup keto pancake mix (secret ingredient)
- 1/3 cup seasoning salt
- 4 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- In gallon re-sealable plastic bag, close and shake together all seasonings, you can use whisk in a bowl.
- Pour buttermilk into another bowl.
- Rise and clean chicken and set on paper towel to soak up any liquids.
- If you have a large piece of chicken, lay them out and filet to make for an even cooking.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch iron skillet or pan of your choosing over a medium high heat.
- Add two pieces of chicken at a time to the flour mixture and zip the bag closed and shake and press the mixture to the chicken breast.
- Place coated chicken in the buttermilk and then back into the flour mixture.
- One at a time place in heated oil slowly and away from you.
- Cook until temperature reaches 160 degrees. *When you remove the chicken it will continue to cook and temperature will rise to 165.
- Remove the chicken to cooling rack, pan or plate with a paper towel to soak up extra oil. I like to add salt after it comes out of the oil.
- I prefer the method of the re-sealable plastic bag for easy clean up and if any excess flour you can store in the freezer in the bag.
- You can use paleo pancake mix as well if you cant find the keto mix.
By: Chef Fenya of Russian Doll Catering